With the holidays coming up on us, many people have increased stress. This is THE time of year, when the most people commit suicide. Shopping, cooking, Christmas letters/cards, gifts, finances etc. etc. A time of supposed joy, turns into a time of stress. One practical thing I have learned over the years that reduces some of this stress is to be organized. Make a list and keep it going. A grocery list, a gift list, cleaning, names for Christmas cards and so on. Keep a piece of paper on your nightstand. When you think of things during the night, write them down. It will help you go back to sleep. When you get things done on your list, mark them off. This is a natural antidepressant. It actually feels good to scratch things of your list.
People, who take anti-anxiety medicine or anti-depressant medications, already lose their B-vitamins as a side effect. A lack of B-vitamins causes you not to be able to cope with stress. Nutri-Calm is a Key System product. It helps not only to feed your nerves, but also to relax them. Nerves are like rubber bands, you keep stretching them and don’t strengthen and relax them, they will surely pop. Take B12 Complete several times daily, especially if you are on any of the above medications. Calcium is THE mineral for the nerves. It can actually help you sleep if you take it at night. Keep on reading and see which essential oils can help you relax as well.
Take a look at symptoms of stress:
Central Nervous System:
- Anxiety, depression, and fatigue
- Impaired heart function can cause angina, and constriction of the peripheral blood vessels, thereby raising blood pressure.
- Stomach upsets
- acid reflux
- hiatal Hernia
- peptic ulcers
- Irritable Bowel Syndrome Colitis
- canker sores in the mouth
- Tension in skeletal muscles and joints, leading to backache and muscular aches and pains Predisposition to arthritis; degenerative diseases such as rheumatoid arthritis.
- Weakened defenses, with lowered resistance to infections.
- Viral infections
- Auto-immune diseases; Lupus
- Malignant cell changes; cancer
- Menstrual disorders
- Thyroid disorders (underactive, overactive, thyroiditis) Adrenal hypo-function
- Blood-sugar problems
- Premature ejaculation
- Tissue degeneration
- Acceleration of aging process
The following oils and spices are useful for relaxation:
Bergamot Frankincense Marjoram
Roman Chamomile Geranium Myrrh
Cinnamon Grapefruit Neroli
Clary Sage Jasmine Patchouli
Clove Lavender Peppermint
Put some drops on your aroma Plug-in diffuser. Not only will this relax you, but all of NSP’s oils kill bacteria. Cinnamon, Pine and Frankincense create a great atmosphere as well for the holidays. You can put a few drops in Sunshine Concentrate in a soap dispenser and have a relaxant soap every time you wash your hands. Add a few drops to Irish Moss Body Lotion that keeps your skin nice and soft. You can also put a few drops of Clary Sage, Lavender and Marjoram with a little Sunshine Concentrate in a hot bath for relaxation. You can go to our Web-site for more ideas.