Lack of Magnesium Linked to Aging Mystery and Calcifications.
- The average American consumes only 40 percent of the RDA of Magnesium. The RDA is established as the minimal amount your body needs to stay alive if you had no activities. No wonder 90% of Americans are Magnesium deficient.
- Magnesium activates 76 percent of the enzymes in the body according to Dr. Sonni Alvarez. Potassium is mainly concerned with the way we use calcium and sodium.
- Every doctor knows the dangers of Potassium deficiency, but few recognize the danger of Magnesium deficiency. In fact, low potassium cannot easily be corrected unless magnesium is given as well.
- Magnesium can stop a heart attack. It is mentioned in the section in Arrhythmias in the 1989 Compendium of Drug Therapy.
- Magnesium can help with unwanted calcification in kidneys, joints and bladder.
- If a diet is high in phospherus, it binds up magnesium. This increases the need for magnesium intake.
- More magnesium is needed in disease and stress state. If taking waterpills, both potassium and magnesium supplementation is needed. The higher the protein you consume, the more magnesium is needed. When large amounts of calcium are consumed, you need to increase magnesium.
- Rabbits got arteriosclerosis/atherosclerosis from a high cholesterol diet. By giving them five times the RDA of magnesium, their cholesterol went down and they didnâ€™t get arteriosclerosis.
- Magnesium helps us use the fat in our diet. Many times people who are irritable, the blood showed low levels of magnesium.
- Magnesium ensures the strength of bones, and makes teeth harder. It counteracts acidity, poor circulation and glandular disorders.
- Children with magnesium deficiencies are often mentally backward.
- Recent studies show that weakness, leg cramps, anxiety and confusion will often clear up with magnesium therapy. Magnesium deficiency is common in people with diabetes, chronic diarrhea or vomiting.
- Heart palpitations, â€œfluttersâ€ or heart racing, otherwise called arrhythmias, usually clear up quite dramatically on 500 mg of magnesium once or twice daily.
- Magnesium is a nutrient needed to lose weight. Undulant fever is said to clear up if adequate amounts of magnesium and manganese (in Red Raspberry) are given.
- Without sufficient magnesium, you cannot control the adrenals, which can result in diabetes, hyperexcitability, nervousness, mental confusion and difficulty coping with simple day-to-day problems. Depressed and suicidal people often display inadequate levels of magnesium.
- Magnesium controls metabolism of proteins, fats, and carbohydrates, resulting in more normal nutritional levels. It helps induce passage of nutrients in and out of the cells, thus affecting life processes.
- Magnesium will relieve an asthma attack.
The â€œpower plantâ€ of the human body is called the â€œmitochondrionâ€. This is where energy is generated. When there are low levels of magnesium, the mitochondrion becomes calcified. This means that every function in the body can be inhibited at this point. It is like going through life with emergency brakes on. Calcium is the brake.