These fantastic wipes are easy to make, and can be personalized for different uses by using essential oils that have different properties. Whether you use them for cleaning-upÂ messes, disinfecting surfaces, or to help yourself feel refreshed, there is certain to be an essential oil or blendÂ that will help you create the perfect wipes!
- Sunshine Concentrate: 1/2 tsp
- Massage oil 1 tsp.: You can also us some oils like olive oil, Grapeseed oil, jojoba oil, and sweet almond oil.
- Essential oils (2-3 drops): These not only give yourÂ wipes their own unique scent, they also add the benefits of that essential oil to your wipes. Some essential oils that can be used for different purposes are:
- Anti-microbial: All our oils are anti-microbial or use a blend of our anti-microbial oils.
- Disinfectant: Lemon, Pink Grapefruit, Clary Sage.
- Calming: bergamot, Clary sage, Jasmine, Lavender, Tee Trea oil, Myrrh, Roman Chamomile, Red Mandarin and Ylang ylang.
- Alertness: Tei Fu, Lemon, peppermint andÂ rosemary.
- Refreshing: Peppermint and Tei Fu.
- Moisturizing: Geranium, Jasmine, Lavender, Lemon Bio, Neroli, Patchouli, Roman chamomile, and Sandalwood.
- Water (1/2 cup)
- Paper Towels (6 square sheets, or 12 small rectangle sheets): Bounty brand paper towels, or a similar generic brand work really well for these wipes. You may wish to experiment with other types of paper towels as well to find one that works well for you.
- Zip-top bag or other air-tight container to store your wipes in: A one-quart size bag works well for this recipe.
- Mix 1/2 tsp. soap base, 1 tsp. carrier oil, and 2-3 drops essential oil thoroughly in a small bowl.
- Add 1/2 cupÂ water and mix thoroughly into mixture.
- Cut or tear 6 square sheets of paper towel into quarters (so you now have 24 small squaresâ€”if your paper towel is the type that comes in small rectangles, cut or tear the 12 small rectangle sheets in half so you have 24 small squares). Place the paper towels into the zip-top bag or other air-tight container.
- Pour the essential oil mixture over theÂ paper towels in theÂ bag or container. Seal the bag or container and let sitÂ until theÂ liquid mixture has soakedÂ evenly through the paper towels.
- Your wipes are now ready to use! Take one or more wipes as desired from the bag or container, being sure to seal theÂ container afterwards so the remaining wipesÂ do not dry out. If the wipes are to be used on the skin,Â avoid using around the eyes or other sensitive areas of the body.